Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm kind of bummed, Juniper Swim & Fitness increased their fees and now you can't just pay to swim. I don't go to Juniper to take any of the classes or use any of the workout equipment, I just swim. They have changed the fee structure so that now you are paying for the use of the fitness center as well.

Today might be the first day I rode in to work and was actually cold. I added an extra layer for my chest so I'm now wearing a jersey, a wind vest, a jacket, and a little reflective vest. I am hot by the time I get here, but starting out on a downhill is rough.

It looks like it's going to be "nice" this weekend so more riding is on the agenda. Tonight is the monthly Bend Bella Cyclist meeting and it should be fun. Melanie is going to do a slideshow on her mountain bike trip to Nepal this past fall. If there are any women in Bend out there reading this, you should stop in and check it out.

5 comments:

Karianne said...

Heidi,

I just came across your blog and wanted to let you know that I'm really enjoying your writing and your pics.

Too bad I'm all the way over in WA, otherwise, I'd love to see the Nepal slides. Unlike most others, I love seeing slides of other people's trips.

Thanks for entertaining me during my morning coffee.

Heidi said...

Glad I can amuse you! Are you in Washington DC, or state?

Anonymous said...

Don't you think the increase is also a part of their efforts to be the "poor man's Athletic Club of Bend".

Spend lots of money to improve the club, then make it more and more difficult for the 'working poor' to utilize it.

IMHO

Heidi said...

I totally agree with you. It irks me extra because I already have a gym membership to the Body Shop and it is a much bigger and nicer gym with waaaaaay less people working out. All I want to do is swim at Juniper!!!!

Karianne said...

Heidi,

Washington state, so not too far away. But far enough away to not make it to the meeting. Hope you had fun.

A note to Juniper:

Just let the girl swim!