Friday, May 18, 2007

50 Year Smokers Cough

Last night was the first Bend short track mountain bike race. Derek and I headed down after work and hung out for about half an hour before our race started. There was only one other female racing the A category so my competition was slim but I tried to race with the guys as long as possible. I yo-yo'd back and forth with a couple of them. We would pass each other back and forth. After 30 minutes I was dead tired and wanted to quit but we had about 5 more minutes. I pretty much was done though. I lapped the other lady and tried to just keep a decent pace to finish. My lungs haven't had to do that heavy of work in years and afterwards I had extreme congestion in them and a disgusting smokers sounding cough!

I had a lot of fun and it was good to get out there and support the event. Webcyclery had something like 6 people racing and two team members cheering us on! Go Webcyclery.

Tomorrow is Pole Pedal Paddle. I'm doing the biking leg for a team. WOOHOO

Have a good weekend.

ps - the mosquitos are out at Shevlin in FULL FORCE. I got bit 3 times last night. GIANT bites.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Giant bites? Now that I'd like to see a picture of!