Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thunder!

Last night was I think the first thunder storm of the season. The skies were dark, darker and darkest heading south when I rode home and I knew something had to be brewing. Sure enough, once I was safe and sound inside it started raining and thundering. I don't know what it is about the deep booming rumbles that fascinate me.

I spent about the first half of my life up in Washington where I was accustomed to rain on about a daily basis. We had a permanent lake-like puddle out in front of our house most of the year. I would hop on my bike, ride through the puddle, then let my tires draw a course on the streets and try to go back through the puddle and retrace the route before it would dry out. Cheap easy entertainment...no nintendo or play station needed.

1 comment:

Karianne said...

I love thunderstorms too. My kids have yet to experience one and I'm excited to see their reactions to it. One of my favorite childhood memories is of watching a lightening storm with all of my family in the early morning in my parent's bedroom with the curtains wide open.