Thursday, May 17, 2007

Silence

Before the ride of silence I went on a ride of my own out past the airport and over east behind the dump and around. It was more of a meander to enjoy the evening. When I arrived at City Hall for the Ride of Silence there were waaay more riders than I thought would turn out. I couldn't really fit them all in a picture.



It just so happens that the City Council was meeting tonight so they all came outside to see us off and Mayor Abernathy said some words before we set off.



The ride was somber with a giant mass of riders cruising along not saying a word. People everwhere stopped what they were doing to stare and point. I think it was a success even if just one driver on the street took note and realized that cyclists share the road and to just be careful.

Enough of the seriousness, check this dog out!

1 comment:

Brent said...

thats a good turn out.