Sunday, May 20, 2007

PPP

This year I rode the cycling leg of the Pole Pedal Paddle for a company team that couldn't find someone to do their cycling leg. It's 22 miles mostly downhill from Mt Bachelor to Bend. But don't let this description mislead you - I wasn't just coasting downhill enjoying the scenery and whistling poppy tunes while I smiled at the birds and chipmunks. My ride "downhill" was an all out effort. I wore my heart rate monitor to capture a true picture of just how hard this ride can be if you make it. My goal was 40 minutes and despite one issue, I beat that by at least a minute! I started the monitor about a minute early when I saw my cross country ski teammate coming up the hill into the transition chute and I didn't stop the time until after I was through the finishline and had already "handed off" to our runner so the time is off, but you'll still get the picture. The line at 40 is where I stopped my watch finally. The stuff after the 40 is my ride home. My max heart rate is supposedly somewhere around 182 and I had an average of above 165 for the race so I was running about 90% of my max for the full race. WHEW!!!

I had a great time and the event is a lot of fun. I would do it again in a heart beat. hahahha - I'm so funny.



I took a couple pictures at the end of the event - I'll have those up later.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Congratulations! Wow, I'm impressed with your time. Good job Heidi.