Friday, May 25, 2007

Will Ride for Beer

Last night was week two of the Bend mountain bike short track series. The clouds were out but it was still pretty warm.



This week the venue was changed and we raced out in the area next to Summit High. There were more people this week and I love to see this. It's a cool little low key event for an evening after work or school and it needs to be supported to stay around.


I love this paint job!



I raced A again and the women start with all the guys so the pace is high. I didn't know the other two women and wasn't sure how I would feel. So, off the startline I just hung behind one of the other ladies pacing off her. We circled the course for probably 12 minutes or so before I decided to make a move. As we approached a lapped rider I pulled out from behind her and went. I looked back after another half a lap and she wasn't there. I spent the next 30 minutes riding mostly by myself trying to catch back up to the guys and suffering! It was well worth it - here are my winnings...a six pack of beer and a bag of awesome rasperry/cranberry walnut muffins. Not bad for an evening.

2 comments:

Brent said...

darn I missed another one.
I was too blasted from riding up McKenzie yesterday.

Chandra said...

I LOVE your winnings! :) Mmmm.