Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Crit time

Tonight I did a local road crit race. I don't really race road bikes, only have a couple times in the past, but it was something to do. There were only 7 of us ladies and after a few laps we were down to just 3 of us in the lead pack...two teammates of Bend Bike N Sport, and then me. We traded off leading and drafting and sprinted a couple laps for prizes. I have to say that I am disapointed in myself. I guess my heart wasn't into it because I never really pushed the pace and instead, just sat in and took my pulls. I should have attacked and tried harder. I'm not much of a sprinter, never practiced it and don't really know what to do, but I did ok and won a prize for one of them. I had a good time though and was happy to support the event.

There were a lot of folks out cheering us on and that was nice. Hello to Brent, Jen, and their new puppy Leroy. He's so cute!



Here are a couple pics Derek took.





Next up - a bunch of singletrack riding for fun this weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look awesome!

Anonymous said...

That Crotch Puppy pic is getting around.

jon.