Saturday, June 23, 2007

Is the world flat?

No, but my tire was. We went to Oakridge for the Super D mountain bike race today. For $15 I got a tshirt and two shuttle runs up to the top of the course. The course was fast and furious. It didn't seem like the best course for a race because there was literally nowhere you could pass anyone. So, looked like whoever got the holeshot was going to win. I think that could have been me....but on my 2nd practice run I got a flat tire. The shuttles were taking longer than expected and the race was supposed to start at 2. We didn't get up to the top from the second shuttle until about 1:35 or so. The course was something like 4.5 miles long and I was stupid enough to not have a tube with me. I had to walk out and didn't have time to get back to the start. I found Derek waiting for me on the road and we called it a day. BUMMER!

Tomorrow is road ride day!!

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Awww! That sucks! :(