Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sunny miles

Last night I took the road bike out for a loop. Nothing fancy, just a local spin up to the college and down the backside into the countryside and around.

My friend Matt who is doing the Great Divide Race has made it from the Canada/Montana border down to Steamboat Springs so far. He had a freak mishap that broke his bike 4 or so days ago- he was stretching while riding, got offtrail where he hit a rock and the top and down tube of his bike buckled. But, he had a new bike overnighted to him and built it back up and continued. I'm proud of him that despite that setback of a day and a half or so, he kept in it and fought back. GO MATT MCFEE!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't had pictures in awhile. Here's one from my ride the other evening.

skride

Warm forest smells
faint sunlight trickles down
it's me
just me and breeze

1 comment:

Brent said...

Hey Heidi,
I got you comment on my blog. (dont have your email!)
Unfortunately Sunday I have to work... Duty calls on weekends once and a while.
Im going up to McKenzie pass on Saturday with my friend Jon for a good long ride...
Let me know if you guys want to meet up on Sat.

Brent
brentc @ bikebuzz.net