Thursday, June 07, 2007

So much going on!

June is so busy! Tonight is the final short track race in the 4 week series - Bendelite extended it this week and I'm happy to go chase the guys around in the dirt for 40 minutes or so. The criterium series is also going on every Wednesday at summit High so I think I'll do the women's one next week. It has been years since I've done a road race and criteriums were never my strong point, but I'd like to show support for the event. PLEASE ladies, come out and race!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday is the 12 Mile Super D race that Derek and I are doing. I just hope to beat my time from last year. That would involve...a)not falling off my bike in the snow bank and having to run it, b)not blowing through a switchback and taking out the camera guy, and c)not completely giving everything I have on the first climb only to be left dead the next 10 miles! Nevertheless, I had a great result last year and one money for my podium place!

This weekend is also Spring Fling. I have never gotten to attend this event because I have always been out of town that weekend, but I hope anyone reading this that is Bend this weekend will show support and attend.

The Dirty Half is happening this weekend as well! What stuns me is that 800 people are going to cram into the Phil's network running. That seems frustrating for positions about 10-800. DUSTFEST! Good luck to anyone racing - give it your all and I hope you meet your time goals.

That's all - get out and ride!

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Hope you did well in the race and didn't injure yourself or anyone else! :)