Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy Summer!

So today is the first day of summer. Summer to me means BBQ's and concerts down in the Old Mill. It means hot dusty rides followed with cold showers. It's floating down the river and drinking beers at insert bar name here . I went to the Farmers Market yesterday down in Drake Park and made my favorite purchase...cookies! They are the big ones 5/$5 so I you know, I had to buy 5. With Derek's help, they are gone already.

It has been muggy out the last few days for my rides. I am sweating to death the whole time so it was refreshing to switch it up and go swimming last night. But then hopping on the bike to ride home I sweated out whatever water was left in my body. I took a roundabout way home from the pool. I like to go different ways and check out different parts of town you know. I took a waay detour and ended up over on the southeast part of town on American Lane. What the heck...there are houses everywhere over there now too!

I have to say that this being commute options week - I haven't seen much more than the normal cyclists and walkers that I see any normal day on my rides in. Maybe they are all on a later schedule than me though. Who knows.

Not much new to report.

No comments: