Friday, July 21, 2006

Bring it!

For lunch I rode over to Wild Oats and picked up some Arnica. Scientifically, Arnica works by stimulating the activity of white blood cells that perform much of the digestion of congested blood, and by dispersing trapped, disorganized fluids from bumped and bruised tissue, joints and muscles. It has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities that can reduce pain and swelling, improving healing. We'll see. I'm going to try that on my arm and knee. I figure it can't hurt.

After work I felt like sweating so I rode out to the end of Skyliners and around some other roads. I only passed 3 other riders which was odd because it was actually a really nice ride with lots of shade. I wasn't out to set a blistering pace, just a nice steady tempo - my average speed was only 18.2 in fact.

The river sure looks inviting.



Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Chandra said...

18.2 m/hr out Skyliners as slow! LOL Heidi you kill me! My average on that ride is about 12.5...or 5.5 depending on the day! :)

Heidi said...

Yah, but I like going fast coming back down so it brings my average up a bit.

Chandra said...

Ahh true, I was just thinking of the up part. Ok, with the downhill my average would be higher. I'm still not as fast as you though...