Sunday, July 16, 2006

Saturday night was a blast watching the different criteriums downtown. The year I did this race I remember it was the hardest thing I'd ever done. It's an awesome event because EVERYONE in Bend shows up downtown to cheer on the racers. First place, last place and everyone in between gets cheered for. The townie race new this year and was hysterical - Wonderwoman and Superman won!



I love these old pennyfarthing bikes, this dude had to pedal like crazy!



This little girl was one of my favorites in the 5-7 year old category. She looks to be fairly young and isn't using training wheels like a lot of the other little girls were. Ladies and gentlemen, the future of racing:



Here's Neil Shirley racing for Jittery Joes. He used to race mountain bikes for Trek back when I first started racing. Mountain bikers rule!



This picture is actually from Friday's long road race, but I forgot to post it.

No comments: