Sunday, July 23, 2006

It's been awhile since I ate a donut and now I remember why. They give me heart burn. But dammit, when the donut fairy delivered at work Friday morning, I followed the masses to the kitchen and snagged a chocolate bar.



Friday night we had happy hours at The Downtowner and made plans to ride Moon Point in Oakridge today. I knew it was going to be hot, they were forecasting 100+. I was excited to ride something new. Moon Point ranks right up there with other Epic trails. From where we parked it's about a 12 mile climb of around 3600', followed by 8 or so miles of twisty tight singletrack with areas of extreme exposure and lots of switchbacks and roots and rocks that kept my 575 busy. A couple times I almost peed my shorts! As promised, it was hotter than hell for the entire climb. It's gravel road the whole way up. We don't see much of that in Bend, it was kind of nice for a change I thought.




Awesome views.



We were happy to get our feet wet in this little crossing.



Thank god it ended at the ice cold river. We all took a dip to cool down and wash the sweat off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one that got heartburn from dognuts!