Thursday, July 20, 2006

Yesterday I rode to the pool and did a quick mile swim. I have been alternating, riding my Titus Racer X with the back bike rack and bag more and more. I've been wearing my backpack with my work clothes and lunch, and then my bike rack bag carries all my workout gear for the day. Pedaling that thing back and forth to work, the gym, and the pool is great buildup for our coming vacation. Now I just need to get some sort of bungie webbing so that I can shove some more stuff on top of the bike rack.



After my workout we went over to some friends' house for a salmon bbq. Oh how I love bbq fish. I could eat it every day.

Today's stage of the Tour made me really proud to be a cyclist. Floyd's fight of defiance was absolutely amazing. That guy has more heart then I have seen in a sporting figure in a long time. When asked about his constant calls for extra water during Thursday's stage, run in searing conditions, he said, "It was very hot. Maybe that was the explanation or maybe it was the beer I had last night."

....beer, is there anything it CAN'T do?

It's almost Friday!

No comments: