Wednesday, July 05, 2006

What could be more old fashioned then a 4th of July epic ride? I watched the Tour and then set off on my own ride. Originally I planned to do the Webcyclery Firecracker Century, but decided to hit dirt instead. I don't know the official mileage - something between 30 and 40, with some good hefty climbing. Most people in Bend don't think of Farewell as an uphill trail...most ride down it instead. I wandered through Phils trail network, up lower Whoops, across Skyliner Trail and Tumalo Trail and BAM up Farewell. It's a small little singletrack along the side of the mountain. It's a tough climb, I passed two guys heading down. They told me I was going the wrong way. Hahhaha - silly riders, don't they know there is NO wrong way in life, just different ways?

I didn't take too many pictures, just rode.



I tried out the new little section of downhill singletrack that is on Mrazek. It's a steeper go around with some good sweeping berms. Fun stuff.

This little diddy comes at the end of the long ride. It heads up and then is followed by a steep switchback. I gave it one try and then easily quit. Live to fight another day I told myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have gone up North Fork, not Farewell. Duh.