Wednesday, July 12, 2006

"Those boys can climb"

I took a late lunch today and rode up to the top of Pilot Butte for the finish of the first stage of the Cascade Cylcing Classic for the men. It was a 92 mile day for them, out to Prineville and then finishing atop the butte. Chris Wherry won. SURPRIZE.

The crowds cheered me on as being the first woman to the top. LOL! My biggest win.

On my way to the butte I happened upon the little family of deers that is living outside my work building. They have been there for 2 weeks now, a momma and two babies.



I actually missed the lead guys finishing, but the midpackers were happy to have their picture taken.



Here is Justin England of Toyota United Pro - his team leader ended up winning!



Right to left: Jeff Louder, Chris Wherry, Sergey Lagutin



What good would a race be without winning some Deschutes Beer?

No comments: