Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Too bad I don't have any pics of Sunday's white water kayak trip. We started just outside of Warm Springs and did about an 11 mile section of the lower Deschutes River. The weather was hot and the water was cold...ask Derek, he rolled it in one of the rapids and had to swim to shore. I really like this sport. Seems to me like it's mountain biking on water. You have to pick lines, read the river, stay loose, and smile. I might have to sell one of my bikes and buy a kayak. Anyone have one to sell?

Last night we went to the brewery and spent some quality time drinking, eating, and chatting with friends. Plans are already in the works for what to ride this weekend. Should we road trip? Ahhh, the possibilities are endless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

toninator approves of kayaking. I've never done it but i've canoed 75% of the rivers in texas and would really like to give white water kayaking a try.

Tony