Friday, July 14, 2006

OOOOF Last night's mountain bike ride wore me out. As I slogged back up the hill to my house, Shane and Mike pulled up beside me in the VW van and started heckling me. "Do you want some tri tip?" hahahah

Cycling has introduced me to so many people. The other day I saw a lady post on the OBRA mail list looking for a composite team to ride the Cascade Cycling Classic on. I recognized the name and emailed her. She and I rode together at the Sea Otter classic back when I raced expert. That brought back memories. It was my first expert race I think. Just about 2 miles into the race we are all strung out going into the first singletrack section and for some reason, a reckless, panicked rider tried to go high and pull off a pass. Instead, she wiped about 4 of us out. My elbow was torn open and the back of my shorts were all ripped. As I remember it, I'm riding along, heard frantic motions behind me and to the right and then WHAM a bike comes flying through the air and hits me in the back, then the rider does. Anywho, I ended up riding the rest of the race pretty horribly, chatting and taking turns pulling through with another lady most of the way. She now lives in Bend! I shot her an email and dang, it's fun to reconnect after these years. I'll go out and cheer for her tomorrow night at the crit. GO SAMI!

Whoosh.

No comments: