Tuesday, October 31, 2006

10 degrees feels like 0

That's what weather.com said the temp was outside for my ride to work this morning. Now, once it's below about 30 it all feels the same to me because I'm covered almost totally from head to foot and can't feel air anyway. But just to be sure, I added an extra glove liner to keep my hands warm, and I wore some windproof tights that are made out of material that feels like a wetsuit almost. Please note though, there is a fine art to breathing while wearing a balaclava. It’s all about snot control. I won't post a picture and gross you out, just close your eyes and picture it.

Oh yah, and people...you do not need your sprinklers on anymore. In fact, chances are you are going to find broken pipes if you don't get those things blown out soon. One poor sap must have had his on early this morning because his entire sidewalk was a thick sheet of ice...as was his entire yard.

I read this morning that the same company that runs Eurobike is talking about bringing a giant bicycle trade show to Portland next year! That is HUGE for Portland and I sure hope it happens.

Trick or Treat

No comments: