Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I usually ride to the gym at lunch and yesterday was no exception. I came out after my core workout to find some contstruction dude hunched over my bike. At first I was thinking, "What the hell?" Then he sees me, stands up and says, "Nice bike!" He told me he is out here from Virginia for a couple months working on a new store that is going in next door to the gym and he brought his bike out because he heard there was good riding. He wanted me to give him some street names of some good routes. I gave him some rough ideas of some loops and pointed them out on his map and we chatted for a bit. See, bikes bring the world together!

Last night Derek met me and we went for a good after work ride. It gets chilly in the evenings now so I wasn't surprized when it got downright cold by the time we finished. I was on my cross bike so the ride up the backside of Awbrey Butte felt a little more challenging than usual. It's so pretty when you crest that butte and get to see the sun setting over the mountains and see the fields of greens that spread out around the outskirts of town. That's one of my favorite parts of riding...the scenery.

No comments: