Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th!

Happy Friday the 13th! Derek and I went on a night ride last night - started riding about 5:15 and the parkinglot was packed. Ran into two friends but other than that, surprizingly, we didn't see many people out there. We rode through sunset, switched on our lights and kept going. It's such a different sensation riding at night. I have to focus so hard on the trail and really "feel" where I'm going. About halfway down from the helipad I heard a coyote howl. I stopped to listen, there was another, then another, then a bunch of yipping and howling. It was truly spooky. If you've never heard a pack of them hunting AND CATCHING their prey, you're missing out on raw life. Anyway, I snapped this before my camera ran out of battery.



Two hours later we arrived back at the trail head to find not one car there...deserted!

Tonight we're heading to the BendFilm Festival. I'm excited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really like this pic Heidi.

Anonymous said...

haven't been around in a while, looks like you are getting good with that camera!