Thursday, October 19, 2006

Patience

How many times can I make the same mistake? I haven't ridden over on the east side for quite some time now. Yesterday was a weird weather day and after finally deciding what to wear on my ride, I took off out east. With my mp3 player pumping out tunes I just rode. I have several loops I generally follow, turning here and there and adding on this or that. I snapped a couple photos but left my camera at work yesterday so they'll have to wait. When I'd had my fun fighting the headwind and trying to allude the raindrops, I headed back into town. I chose Wilson as my route and dammit, why didn't I remember that trains come around 1:00 and block up that intersection? The line of cars backed up was almost comical and as I sat at the crossing guards I began to wonder if I shouldn't turn around and go down to where the road dips under the train tracks. I wonder exactly HOW long is too long to wait? At what point would people turn around? One poor fellow was sitting at the front of the line and I don't know how long he'd been there, but he did about a 70 point turnaround to get out of line and just as he got it facing the right direction, the train started to move! hahahahah

Anyway, I really like this photo. Sometimes black and white is the way to go.

No comments: