Friday, October 20, 2006

Three bent derailleur hangers in one riding season…is that some sort of record? The one on my cross bike was the most recent. They really are in the way. The ACE was the first victim and it died whoopin it up on Grand Slam. It didn’t go alone though, I was there to comfort it. The second was the 575’s hanger and it died on some rocky switchback in Chamonix, “bashed and bent” should be the title on its gravestone. Unlucky for me, it caused me to ride the most impossible gears all the way up some freakin steep mountains for the rest of the day. The cross bike was the last and it was really just a fluke along the Deschutes River Trail. I loved them all and they served me well. Amen

It was freakin cold the other morning - frost everywhere! I bundled up for my ride to work and took this on my way.



Here is the one from later on that same day on my lunch ride.



It's Friday and the weekend is going to be so nice! All I can think about today is my black bean, rice and cheese burrito. Baby steps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need to invest in a Roholoff...you're strong enough ;)...D

Anonymous said...

you crack me up. did you give them a proper send off? stuffed into a soda can, er, kleenex box atop a pyre of shredded paper?