Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Have you ever heard a deer cry? It's heart wrenching! Yesterday I went for a lunchtime ride and as I was pedaling along the road to the trail I saw a line of cars stopping in the middle of the road. I kept watching, and one by one a group of deer crossed the road. When they were safely across, the cars started up. But, being on a bike closer to the side of the road, I could see down the embankment and there was a little fawn down there crying and wailing looking terrified. So sad.

My spirits quickly picked up when I hit the dirt and was treated to some fun and great views.





It's been chilly out and winter is definitely approaching. Last night I rode home from the pool to find Derek sitting in front of our fireplace...with a fire going! Wow, that's the first one of the year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic!

Elise Michaels Media said...

WAIT! Did you stop and help the baby get to mama? Or stop traffic so he could get there? I need to hear the rest of the story!

Heidi said...

He was way down the embankment on the other side of a chainlink fence so sadly, there wasn't much I could do.