Sunday, June 18, 2006

Do you believe in signs?

After a day of climbing on the road bikes, I wanted to treat myself to riding the McKenzie River Trail today...25 or so miles of singletrack that is pure heaven. We made some tentative plans to hook up with some friends and ride. We called around 8 Sat night to get the final details and waited for a return call that didn't come until Sunday morning. The guy organizing the whole thing flaked out and we were left with...still do it as a smaller group, or ride something else. This ride takes a minimum of 4 hours because it is such slow going over all the rocky sections, the river crossings, picture taking... Plus, as Derek went out to get the morning paper he discovered our car had a flat tire. We took that as 2 signs that maybe my arm wasn't ready for a mountain bike ride and instead, hit the road again. Good choice, because still every bump I go over sends jolting pain through my forearm and kills.

Since yesterday was climbing day, we decided on a nice long scenic route up to Terrebonne today. It turned out being almost 76 miles of sunshine, green grassy fields, ranches, backroads, and all kinds of animals.

"Hey there, where are your legs?"



My little pony and me...I can't be the only one who remembers that commercial.


I thought these were Llamas, but they are Alpacas. There is a big farm out somewhere we rode and they were all just so funny looking. I'm not sure why one would want an alpaca, but they sell for $20-$40k I am told. Wow!





This was a giant conglomeration of cowboys/girls practicing lasso techniques. Hey, what do you expect to find in Terrebonne?



I felt very country after that ride, until we came home and feasted on Pad Thai to bring it all together. YUM! Tonight is the first episode of Treasure Hunters and I'm intrigued by the previews, so I'll probably be suckered into watching the season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

40K!!! Great post. GLad you decided to get one of these things going :)