Friday, June 16, 2006

Sometimes you're the dirt

Yesterday was a double ride day, unless you count my commutes and then it was a quadriple ride day! I went for a nice road ride at lunch and even managed to get back onto the Westside before the train came and clogged up traffic. Sometimes I feel like Tom Boonen in the Paris-Roubaeix...stuck at the train crossing. DOH!

Hey check it out.



After work, Derek and I hit the trails for a nice local loop after I swapped out bikes. We aimed for a higher up trail and weren't disappointed. I got in an argument though. It's been awhile since we argued. We rode all the way up COD through all the tricky rock sections and I was in a happy place. Then out of nowhere, on a little turn, my bike wanted to go straight and I wanted to go right. Sometimes you have to just agree to disagree and this was one of those times. It's been awhile since I sampled the soil here in Bend. I know this is blurry, but deal with it.



After my little incident we continued to climb up and up to upper Whoops. The downhill was very difficult for me, every little chatter bump was painful and I couldn't hold on to the bars very well. I'm really bummed, I may not be able to race tomorrow if I can't grip the bars any better. Sucks. (Don't worry mom, I'll be fine soon).

On the bright side, today is black bean, rice, and cheese buritto day!

No comments: