Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer Celebration

Today being the first day of summer, I celebrated by swimming during lunch. The pool is set up for the full Olympic 50 meters in the afternoon and I love it. The laps are long and you can really hit a rhythm. I got some more funny looks for my tan line from my riding shorts. I really do look like a clown.

Derek and I attempted to ride to Mt. Bachelor after work. It's a pleasant grunt at around 26 miles up from our house, with elevation gain of 2800. The run in is a pretty gentle slope and the climbing doesn't really start until about mile 12 for us. We had to turn around before we got all the way because my knee started hurting. Still, it was a nice night for a ride and we got some decent climbing in.

My dog is happy summer is here. She likes to lay in the full sun for hours. Often times I've gone out to check on her to make sure she is still alive. She just bakes!

No comments: