Wednesday, June 14, 2006

When it rains, swim!

Yesterday looked like this for most of the day.



About lunchtime it started looking decent so I rushed off for a ride. I got drizzled on, but it wasn't bad at all. The weather is weird this year. I've decided that one thing any cyclist must do, is ride on a warm day after a rainstorm. I wish I had brought my camera because the water on the roads was evaporating so fast and the steam was rising so thickly, that it was really creepy looking.

I met my friend Chandra for swimmiing after work so I did a mini duathlon; rode to the pool and then swam! I'm not the world's fastest swimmer, but I can go the distance. I left feeling pretty tired and got rained on during my ride home. I figured it didn't matter since I has just spent the last hour in the pool wet anyway!

On the agenda for this weekend is Willamette Pass Super D. Apparently they are going to run it in heats. I'm a bit nervous, my Super D last weekend was individual starts...like a DH race. This sounds sketchy though...send riders all together down a 3-4 mile downhill like course? Wish me luck. My elbows are sharpened

No comments: