Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday Finally

Derek and I hit the trails last night but barely 45 minute in as we started to descend, my arm injury flared up. It's an intense stinging, biting pain in the middle of my forearm on top. It is greater than any broken bone pain I have had in the past and makes it impossible to ride over any bump. So, we headed back home. Looks like more road riding for me this weekend. Bummer because I had some good epics lined up.

Lance Armstrong is under fire again. From Cyclingnews.com I read this, "In court statements obtained by Le Monde, Betsy Andreu, the partner of Armstrong's ex-teammate and friend Frankie Andreu, related her version of events that took place in an Indiana hospital on October 28, 1996, while he was being treated for cancer. "[The doctor] started to ask him banal questions, I don't remember," Le Monde quoted an excerpt of Betsy Andreu's testimony. "And all of a sudden, bang, have you ever taken doping products? He replied, yes. [The doctor] asked which ones. And Lance replied: EPO, growth hormones, cortisone, steroids, testosterone."

Betsy Andreu's statement was made on January 17, 2006, and according to Le Monde, backed up what her husband had said to the court on October 25, 2005. "I don't know how the doctor formulated his question, but the response was that he had taken EPO, testosterone, growth hormones and cortisone," said Frankie Andreu."

They sure are doing everything they can to find a way to tarnish his name. I'm sure it's only going to make the other Americans racing in the Tour this year, THAT much more determined to win.

No pictures today, sorry

ps. It's black bean, rice, and cheese burrito day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your arm :( This tour is going to be exciting.