Monday, June 12, 2006

Super D Photo Blog!!!!

Today is going to be more of a photo blog.

Saturday morning we drove to Ashland and did a preride of the 12 mile Super D course. The drive down is spectacular, takes you by Crater Lake and Mt Thielson.



Here I am all dressed up. Check out the Big Bear 100 jersey...so fitting for a Super D race!



The course starts out with a big snow section. In my practice run I used the very solid and popular scooter method. In the race, all that went out the window and I came in at mach speed, slid out and had to jump off and run with my bike the whole way. Not too smooth.



Further down, after the looooooong climb, you start to descent. Here we are with the starting point in the background.



Climbing done with, let's play!



Stu on the double.


My race was faar from error free. After the snow disaster I had a handful of other problems, but I had fun and got second overall! Oregon racing being as awesome as it is, I won $75. Oh, and do you believe in signs? Cause check out what I won at the raffle - a Giro Mad Max II helmet.

2 comments:

Arleigh Jenkins said...

hahah - now you can rock out like a real downhiller

Anonymous said...

congrats heidi! do you ever not win something?