Friday, June 30, 2006

Tour de Drugs

Wow, Ullrich and Basso are out of the Tour de France - not even allowed to start because they are associated with the Operacion Puerto drug sting. I'm speechless, this is HUGE.

On a lighter note. Oh yah, that’s right. Who won Commute Options week Most Dedicated Year Round Commuter? Yep – yours truly. I have a certificate of merit hanging in my cubicle to prove it.

The afternoon rains cleared up so I took my Yeti 575 out for a ride. I went a little further up to a trail I haven’t hit yet this year. Great conditions!!!

The first part is a climb up to a newly cut trail that is a blast.




It's hard to find at times - you can see why Pacific Northwesterners are good at cyclocross. We're always hopping off to get around stuff like this!



View from the top of Tumalo Ridge - a bit hazy because I'm looking into the sun. All the blooming bushes are very fragrant.



Tumalo creek down there.



My last picture because I was getting eaten alive by mosquitos despite the copious amounts of Deet I applied.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Congratulations, Heidi! On both your Commute Options win...and on being out on your mt bike again! Hooray!