Thursday, June 01, 2006

More Cycling History

FLASHBACK!

Let's make this a really quick summary so we can get back into the present. So my second year of racing I moved up to Expert but continued to win. I won the CA State Series again, and did some more 24 hour team races.

Just can't get enough of that mud. Riiiiiight.





We won Hurkey Creek two years in a row. I'm in the middle in the yellow jersey and jean shorts.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After winning everything in expert, I applied for, and got my Professional license!!!!!!!! I was scared to death. This was the big leagues now. It was so cool to be called up by name to the startline at the NORBA Nationals and to stand next to the same women I had looked up to for the last few years! I switched sponsors to DEAN



I didn't do so well in those big races the first year...I was mid pack. Then the second year I broke into the top 15, and was doing great. I even won the CA State Series as a Pro! Knee problems, and then surgery promptly ended all this fun.

No comments: