Monday, November 20, 2006

From Dirt to Snow

My fancily waxed skate skis were itching to get up to mountain so we headed up Sunday. It was sprinkling a bit and the parking lot was pretty empty when we got there. By the time we got out boots on and everything it had stopped raining so off we went. It sure is weird trading bike shoes and cleats for skate ski boots. We were terrified we wouldn't remember how to skate since it had been 7 months since we last went. But after looking skeptically at the hill that leads out of the Nordic center, crossing our fingers and pointing downhill, it wasn't so bad. Before long I had the proper arms movements down and they even complimented what my legs were doing! I was pleased that I wasn't tripping and falling all over the place and flailing.

The mask is an important wardrobe component. It's functional AND it makes you look super cool.

No comments: