Friday, November 03, 2006

It was a weird day yesterday - 56 for my ride to work in the morning, but threatening to rain. Then 65 by 10:00! My legs were feeling heavy after the long ride Saturday and then the intense ride Sunday, but I couldn't resist when I saw that it was 70 degrees at noon! So, off I went for yet another ride. The 25mph winds kept me focused and I had to push hard to keep a good cadence and pace as I headed up Skyliners. Now, I never took physics in high school or college, but...If I'm riding 18 mph into a 24 mph headwind, how fast would I really be going? I spent some time thinking about this as I struggled to keep the bike upright in the bigger gusts. Coming back down I didn't have a big enough gear what with the tailwind. My cadence was up around 100 in my biggest gear and I was flying!

I'm taking an online html class. Call me a geek, I like learning new things and who knows what it could lead to. My first lesson is this week and I'm really enjoying it. Oh boy, an accountant AND a web coding geek.

No comments: