Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving

I started the day with skate skiing - hoping to burn the calories off before they got there! That is one tough sport. It was snowing the whole time we were up at the mountain and they weren't continuously grooming so the powder built up over the groomed surface and made for some serious quad burn since I had to lift my skate skis up out of the snow each leg motion. I'm not sure what the ratio of hours of skate ski to hours of cycling is, but it can't be one to one. After 1.5 hours of skate skiing I am near dead but I can ride FAR longer than that and not feel tired.

I made a mean green bean casserole and a fresh loaf of Italian herb bread and we headed to our friends Linda and Stu's house for a big get together. I think there were around 12 of us there - all serious mountain bikers! We weighed ourselves before we started eating and drinking and then after. I had gained 5 pounds!!! It was superficial weight since a lot was liquid and food that err, uhh, wouldn't stay in my body, but still! Colin had the highest with 8 pounds!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: