Sunday, November 05, 2006

Whooped it up!

Despite the weather forecast of 50% chance of sprinkles, we peaked out the blinds Saturday morning at the gloomy grey skies and decided to risk it. Hell, I bought rain gear for a reason and at least it was relatively warm. With a bit of recent rain, I really wanted to do Upper Whoops so we rode from the 41 up the southern section of Storm King, added on a new little piece of singletrack, continued across the highway on up to some fireroad where we climbed for some miles to the junction with Whoops. The trail was spectacularly tacky and as snot dripped from my nose and water channeled off the front of my helmet visor, I let the 575 scream through the sweeping corners and charge down the straightaways. Then we rode back on Storm King to finish off the nice 3 hour ride. It never really rained, just sprinkled as promised.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't really ride Storm King unless it's storming... SK Rules!