Thursday, November 09, 2006

Well crap

Everyone who rides knows that there are two kind of cyclists. Those that have been hit by a car, and those that are about to be hit by a car. Miraculously, with all the years and thousands of miles I've ridden, and both are alot, I belonged to the second category. Until today. I got hit while riding my bike at lunch. I was coming through a roundabout and some lady pulled into it right in front of me. I saw her coming and tried to brake, but started to slide out sideways, reached out to push alongside the car hoping to ride it out, but BAM down I went and slid. My elbow is all torn up again and swollen and my hip hurts again, just like it did last time I fractured it. This really sucks.

5 comments:

Chandra said...

:( Yes it does! I hope it's not broken, Heidi.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your crash! I almost collided with a freakn' jogger this week! He was running in the middle of the road and when I went to pass him on the left - he jumped right in front of me! Just missed him by 5 feet. What a Doof!

Heal fast!

Anonymous said...

Damn girl! Glad to hear it wasn't any worse than what you described. Does this mean you will be riding the Brianhead 100 next weekend? ;-) Take care.

Heidi said...

Thanks everyone for your emails, calls, and comments.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about it Heidi, hope everything works out. Health is something I always take for granted until something happens. Best of luck healing!!